The Ultimate Antimicrobial Product for the Seafood Processing Industry.
Control microbial and enzymatic activity while promoting positive organoleptics and shelf life extension.
KEEPER® Professional is an FDA [21 CFR 173.325] antimicrobial agent that is used to eliminate pathogens, extend shelf life and improve quality in seafood. KEEPER® Professional is approved in water and ice that are used to rinse, wash, thaw, transport and store seafood.
- Meet the required efficacy without altering flavor
- Develop and maintain your reputation for quality products
- Gain confidence of USDA inspectors by using the most trusted antimicrobial intervention technology
- Integral component of your HACCP Plan
The KEEPER® Professional antimicrobial intervention program is simple to use and is highly effective against Salmonella, E. coli O157:H7, Listeria and many other pathogens of concern. KEEPER® Professional is trusted by inspectors as part of a successful HACCP Compliance program.
With Bio-Cide International’s patented delivery technology, KEEPER® Professional allows you to use the same chemistry from ship to shore.
KEEPER® Professional was developed by Bio-Cide International, the world-wide leader in acidified sodium chlorite antimicrobial technologies. Bio-Cide’s KEEPER® Professional is activated at the time of use to produce the uniquely effective, food grade sanitizer, chlorine dioxide. When activated, KEEPER® Professional is added during processing and transporting to wash or rinse water and ice.
KEEPER® Professional Applications
- Processing Aid-Rinse
- Shelf Life Extension
- Ship’s Hold: Storage Water and Ice
- Scallop Whitener
KEEPER® Professional is the most effective, fast acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® Professional has been shown to be more effective than other common sanitizers including quaternary ammonia, Iodophors, Peracetic acid and sodium hypochlorite (chlorine). KEEPER® Professional provides a comprehensive antimicrobial intervention program.
- Ultra high, broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Prevents formation of biofilm
- Low toxicity
- Low corrosion potential
- No chlorination or THM formation
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- FDA approved up to 50 ppm as sodium chlorite
- Can be used in water and ice
- Resists neutralization due to organic load
- No effect on organoleptic properties
- No effect on nutritional quality
- Only seafood consumed raw requires a potable water rinse
- Exempt from declaration on the food product label
- KOSHER certified
- Economical to use
- Can be used with automated delivery systems
The active ingredient in KEEPER® Professional is Acidified Sodium Chlorite that generates Chlorine Dioxide. To increase the speed of kill and efficacy of KEEPER® Professional, the pH of the solution can be reduced with any Food Grade GRAS acid to acidify the Sodium Chlorite.
Activation may be accomplished manually in low volume as batch applications; or with BCI’s hands-free, low cost AANE™ unit (non-electric), the Wall Mount Activation System™, or the on-line activation system OLAS™ Ti that combines activation with injection into water streams on the fly.