The Ultimate Antimicrobial Product for Airline Water Storage and Tank Disinfection
Purogene® is the most effective, fast acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
Purogene® is a highly refined blend of oxychloro species containing purified sodium chlorite. When activated, chlorine dioxide is produced, greatly enhancing Purogene®’s antimicrobial activity. Purogene® displays broad spectrum antimicrobial activity, proven effective against E. Coli 0157:H7, Salmonella, Listeria, Staphylococcus, Aspergillus, and Pseudomonas, Legionella among others. This product is especially suited for the removal and subsequent control of biofilm.
Purogene® has been shown to be more effective than other common sanitizers including quaternary ammonia, Iodophors, Peracetic acid and sodium hypochlorite (chlorine). Purogene® provides a comprehensive antimicrobial intervention program. Purogene® has major advantages in providing long term residual antimicrobial effect over Ozone and Peroxide based products that are short-lived in systems with organic load.
- Ultra high, broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Uniquely effective against bioflm
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- Low corrosion potential at use concentrations
- Does not chlorinate (no THM formation)
- Long lasting bacteriostatic activity
- No effect on organoleptic properties
- Economical to use
- Extends the life of on-board water heating and coffee making equipment
- Maintains lavatory systems free of sludge and organic build-up
- Can be used with automated delivery systems
- Approved for use by most major airframe manufacturers
- Concentration: 2.0 – 2.10% available chlorine dioxide
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- pH Concentrate: of 8.2 – 8.5
- Boiling point: 213°F (100.5° C)
- Melting point: n/a
- Freezing point: 28.9° F (-1.72° C)
- Vapor Pressure: 23.7 mm Hg (25° C)
- Vapor Density: 0.02 kg/m3
- Specific Gravity: 1.03 g/ml (20° C)
- Volatiles (by volume): 97% water
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Evaporation rate: Comparable to water
- Very low acute toxicity (EPA Cat III)
- Non-Flammable Non-Explosive Stable Solution
- NFPA Rating: Fire: 0 Health: 1 Reactivity: 1 Special: None
WATER TANK DISINFECTION
- Drain water storage tank.
- Inspect tank for foreign materials and sediment.
- Clean out and flush tank with clean potable water.
- For each 50 gallons of disinfection solution, mix the following:
– 16 fluid ounces of Purogene®
– 2 ounces of citric acid
– mix and allow 5 minutes for activation to occur
– Dilute activated concentrate with two gallons of clean potable water.
- Fill aircraft water tank
- Open all water discharge ports for a short time to allow the treatment solution to reach and flow through these ports.
- Close ports and allow treatment solution to stand for one hour.
- Drain solution from tank. DO NOT FLUSH TANK.
- Refill tank with potable water treated with 5ppm Purogene®
This procedure can be automated using BCI’s delivery systems (see below)
These systems provide hands-free activation and dosing of Purogene®. Three configurations of the PASS System are available:
- Potable Water Treatment – This unit combines Purogene® and activator at the appropriate ratio for potable water treatment (5 ppm)
- Water Tank Disinfection – This unit combines Purogene® and activator at the appropriate ratio for water tank disinfection (50 – 100ppm)
4405 International Blvd, Suite B116, Norcross, GA 30093
770.590.8863 • 770-429-0461 fax • 888.666.7885
www.aerosafe.com • firstname.lastname@example.org