The Ultimate Antimicrobial Product for Red Meat Processing & the RTE Industry.
Control microbial activity while promoting organoleptic advantages and shelf-life extension.
KEEPER® Professional is an FDA and FSIS approved [21 CFR 173.325, USDA FSIS Directive 7120.1 & FCN 450] antimicrobial agent that is used to eliminate pathogens, extend shelf-life and improve the quality of red meat products. KEEPER® Professional is approved as acidified sodium chlorite (ASC) for the processing of red meat carcasses, parts and organs, and for processed, comminuted, and formed meats as a component of a spray or dip at concentrations up to 1200 ppm, and at or near a neutral pH.
Use KEEPER® Professional as a processing aid to:
- Maximize microbial control
- Extend shelf-life
- Meet the required efficacy without altering or destroying the organoleptics of products
- Develop and maintain your reputation for quality products
- Gain confidence of USDA inspectors by using the most trusted antimicrobial intervention technology
- Upgrade your HACCP Plan
The KEEPER® Professional antimicrobial intervention program is simple to use and is highly effective against Salmonella, E. coli O157:H7 and many other pathogens of concern. KEEPER® Professional is trusted by inspectors as part of a successful HACCP Compliance program.
KEEPER® Professional was developed by Bio-Cide International, the world-wide leader in acidified sodium chlorite antimicrobial technologies. KEEPER® Professional is activated at the time of use to produce the uniquely effective sanitizer, chlorine dioxide. KEEPER® Professional is the most effective broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® Professional is the most effective, fast acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® Professional has been shown to be more effective than other common sanitizers including peracetic acid and sodium hypochlorite (chlorine). KEEPER® Professional provides a comprehensive antimicrobial intervention program.
- Fast-acting, broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Prevents formation of bioflm
- Low toxicity
- Low corrosion potential
- No chlorination or THM formation
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- FDA approved
- Can be used as dip or spray
- Can be used at or near neutral pH
- Resists neutralization due to organic load
- No adverse effect on taste
- No effect on nutritional quality
- Exempt from declaration on the food product label
- Approved for carcass, parts, comminuted and RTE red meat products
- KOSHER certifed
- Cost competitive
- Organic Certifed
KEEPER® Professional Technology has distinct advantages over other ASC products via FCN 450 which allows KEEPER® Professional to be delivered up to 1200 ppm with no lower limit. FCN 450 also allows KEEPER® Professional to be applied at or near neutral pH promoting a favorable organoleptic advantage versus technologies employing their chemistry at less than a 2.9 pH. Furthermore, KEEPER® Professional allows activation of concentrate resulting in substantial savings in activation chemistry.
The active ingredient in KEEPER® Professional is Acidifed Sodium Chlorite that generates Chlorine Dioxide. To increase the speed of kill and effcacy of KEEPER® Professional , the pH of the solution can be reduced with any Food Grade GRAS acid to acidify the Sodium Chlorite.
Activation may be accomplished manually for low-volume batch applications. BCI offers the hands-free, low cost, non-electric AANE™ unit and the on-line activation system OLAS™ Ti for continuous injection into water streams.